Monday, May 13, 2002

I did a recording of the commentary for a cassette with all the songs sung during the Chinmaya Vishwa Sammelan. I feel good doing this. I believe I can pursue this as an alternate career.

And now with so many FM channels being launched I am sure lots of opportunites would be available.

Have you also noticed how most of these channels sound so alike. And all of them assume that all the listeners are youngsters in the late-20s or early-30s, are party animals who go to rave gigs every week-end, who love party or trance music, .... you know what I mean.

Excuse me, but I don't think I can be slotted thus. I love music. In fact I am quite broad-minded about music. I love all kinds of genres. But I can't find a single channel which puts together a sensible mix of programming. What would be ideal would be a bouquest of channels with each channel positioned sepaprately for a aprticular kind of listener.

I am sure there is a very large section of people out there who would love a channel dedicated to devotional music, or one for classical music, or even for regional music. And a channel which identifies such segments and offers such a mix would definitely stand out in the clutter.

Anyone listening?

No comments: