the guruprasad family went for a very unique year-end family camp and ushered in the new year in a very different manner...
here're some snippets which should give you an idea...
- imagine a 70 acre campus in the midst of villages (kolwan village in paud, which is a 2-hour drive off lonavala beyond pawna dam)
- imagine more than 500 people across all age-groups staying together on a state-of-the-art campus with solar-heated hot water and a huge dining facility, etc.
- imagine people from all over the world including the us, canada, europe, uk, africa, south africa, sri lanka, singapore, hong kong, mauritus, australia, new zealand, indonesia, philippines, etc.
- imagine night-time temperatures plummeting to sub-10 degrees and being able to see millions of stars in the night-sky!
- imagine lectures on the bhagwad geeta and talks by various inspirational speakers
- imagine your children being taken care of with fun-filled activities so that you can attend the sessions without any interruptions
- imagine cultural programs from across the world including a 'dindi' performace, a 'hari-katha' with english commentary, a violin & cello recital (western classical), bhajans sung by veena sahasrabuddhe, a bag-pipes performance, a hi-tech multi-media show called 'surya 108' presented by the youth, etc.
- imagine spending new year's eve chanting the vishnu sahasranama archana with puja, archana, bhajans and celebrations along with 500 other people to usher in the new year!
so that's what we did this new year... and the kids had a blast too!
this was an international family camp organised by the chinmaya mission which we were fortunate to attend. click here to learn more about the place and here for some pics of the place.
p.s. for some amazing photographs of the camp and the venue click on this link - http://photos.suchit.in/gallery/6967332_9KBaj/ (courtesy suchit nanda)