Monday, December 04, 2006

comments unplugged!

the posting on 'my fascination for plastic' generated some 'interesting' and insightful comments from friends and strangers. i wanted to share those with you so that i don't feel guilty of depriving you of some wholesome entertainment and a good laugh! but what strikes you and stays with you at the end of the day after reading these comments is the 'truth' that they convey. (thanks guys, for these comments. please do keep posting them in the future too!)

--------------------------

Booyakasha said...
Remember the timeless line from "The Graduate"-the future is plastic!!

---------------------------

Zhen said...
When we travelled to Holland, I insisted that we have a bucket (they call it a pail) and a mug (pitcher) in the bathroom. I simply don't get the satisfaction of a bath in a shower!!!
I also believe that we Indians who have higher comfort levels in the 'Indian toilets' should insist in big companies to have separate INDIAN toilets rather than suffer the discomfort of climbing up on the toilet seat and balancing critically on shoes!
Also, I have stopped being ashamed of dunking bread/biscuits (they call it cookies) in tea because that is how I like it.
Everytime, I have a 'hi-fi' dinner abroad (or with some Indians who consider themselves always 'abroad' even if all they have ever had is a trip to Nepal), I moisten a napkin and clean my hands with that; I just don't seem to get a clean sensation unless I wash my hands with water.
I have more, but let us do it at another venue...!

--------------------

nani said...
i hate plastic smiles though.

--------------------

Anupam said...
Oh, I think of innovative ways for the mug in the toilet. I found one perfectly-sized plastic water jug in my hotel this time, which served the purpose very very well (I am not talking about bathing).

Usually, I simply manage with mineral water bottles!

And when it comes to the long haul flights, when you have fewer resources to deploy - especially when the flight attendant informs you that all they have are 150ml mineral water bottles, and nothing bigger - you got to be a lot more creative in those aircraft toilets! Unless you have done prior preparation, those paper cups above the sink will have to suffice ! It takes a lot more time to do the chore, but it does serve the purpose finally.

And regarding the plastic bags, and the hierarchy in their usage and also in the choice one exercise when giving them out, I could not agree with you more Guru !!! It's ditto with me - all of it !

Sometimes, when I am changing apartments, and I am forced to throw away stuff, it pains me to throw away those beautiful bags from LifeStyle, Shoppers Stop, etc. which I have been saving for some big occasion that never came !!

-----------------------

No comments: